- Where did you do your undergrad? What did you study?
I attended the University of Tennessee and studied Kinesiology.
- What are you getting your Master’s in?
- What does your position entail?
My position entails fitness programming. I oversee the fitness programs that we hold at the Rec. Some examples are Fall into Fitness and the Bench Press Competition.
- Why did you want to work at the Rec?
I wanted to come to OU because I met professional staff at LeadOn. I enjoy the programming here and there are many opportunities for me here. I got to help with the layout of the fitness annex equipment.
- What is the most exciting aspect of your job?
The most exciting aspect of my job is watching programs be successful. We had over 50 students show up to the Dance Party.
- When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was five years old I wanted to be the guy who got to ride on the back of a garbage truck.
- What are your plans for once you’re done with school?
After I finish my Master’s I plan to work for Campus Recreation or Clinical Exercise Testing since I’m a hands on kind of person.
- What is the most beneficial aspect of your job?
The most beneficial aspects are the management skills I’ve acquired and serving as a mentor to students.
- What do you like to do in your free time?
I like to exercise and travel in my free time. I’ve taken three backpack trips over the world. The first was a three-week trip around the Australian Coast. The second was a three-week trip around Southeast Asia. My third trip, the most recent one, took place this summer and was a 10 week trip that started in Spain, traveled through the Mediterranean, and ended in Germany. My favorite trip was to Cambodia in 2012.
- Fun Fact:
I grew up overseas. I lived in Japan from 2001-2011 when I graduated high school.