- Where did you go for your undergrad?
I attended Georgia Southern University.
- Did you get a Master’s as well?
Yes. I also went to Georgia Southern University for my Master’s.
- What does your position entail?
My position is compiled of three parts. The first is programming. The programs are designed to increase wellness among students. The second is mentoring Wellness Ambassadors. The third aspect, is health coaching. I’ve worked on GRASP, which is Grizzlies Response: Awareness & Suicide Prevention. It helps to promote mental health awareness.
- Why did you want to work at the Rec?
My whole background is with experience with students.
- What is the most exciting aspect of your job?
Getting to interact with students
- What is one thing you can’t live without for your job?
All of the Google things: Google docs, calendar, email. Sometimes I need caffeine, but I can live without it. I can’t live without my Google apps.
- What is the most beneficial aspect of your job?
I definitely have to practice what I preach. I can’t tell students one thing and do another so I get a lot out of doing what I teach others.
- What do you like to do in your free time?
I like to read, kayak, and cook. I am a huge Harry Potter fan. My favorite thing to cook is a roasted vegetable and quinoa salad.
- Why did you want to work at OU?
I love higher education. I am very committed to students’ well being.
- Fun Fact:
I am a Ravenclaw and a Wampus for the American houses.