This past year has been filled with exciting news for Club Sports, most of them being astounding achievements performed by our very own Oakland University Club Sports teams.
We had a few teams make it to nationals:
- Football Club went 9-0 and won the National Championship in their second year as a Club Sport
- D3 hockey made it to the National Championships and placed 3rd with a record setting season of 34-2-4
- W. Lacrosse made the final four in their national championships
A few more teams winning big or placing well in their division:
- Winter Guard won the state championship in their first year of existence as a Club Sport
- Men’s Rugby placed 2nd in their Division II Great Lakes Conference
- Men’s Soccer won their season title
Some teams grew, like Tennis Club by developing a recreational team to go with it’s competitive one.
Some Club Sports even sent players overseas like D3 Hockey sending Kyle Gagnon, Zac Massa, AJ Rosales, and Alex Zakucia to play against teams in Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Slovakia, and Slovenia representing the United States for our D3 Selects national team and D1 Hockey sending Bill Balent to Spain to play for Team USA in the World University Games
Some achievements we’ve had as a department include:
- Club Sport supported Indoor Triathlon raised just over $350 to split between donations to Athletes Unlimited and Healthy Pontiac Coalition
- We grew by two new Club Sports, Women’s Volleyball and OU Outlaws/Ultimate Frisbee
- Club Sports spending almost 250 hours of their time to get involved with the community this last year