Starting November 4th, the Rec’s group fitness training class is back for it’s second session of the semester. If you’re tired of your routine or need a boost in your motivation to reach your fitness goals, B.L.A.S.T. (Building Lean Athletic Strong Toned bodies) may be just what you need. This isn’t just a group exercise class that you attend every once in a while; this is a program with intensity.
B.L.A.S.T. is designed for those who are intermediate or advanced in their fitness training. With the program being lead by two of the Rec’s personal trainers/Graduate Assistants Katie and Vince, you will not only reach your fitness goals, but also set new ones. There are even new aspects of the program this year like the incorporation of high-intensity interval training using strategies such as:
- A.M.R.A.P. (as many reps/rounds as possible)
- E.M.O.M. (every minute on the minute)
- Tabata Intervals
B.L.A.S.T. runs every Monday and Wednesday from 6:00 a.m.-7:00 a.m. between November 4th and December 13th (6 weeks). Classes take place in the Recreation Center Studio.
- Those who attend at least 10 of the 12 sessions will receive a free t-shirt.
- There will be physical assessments pre and post-program so you will see your progress
- You will have the chance to build a lean, athletic, strong, toned body
- You will have the opportunity to gain a sense of accomplishment
Cost: $60 for students and members
When to register: By November 6th
Where to register: On our website or at the Welcome Center in the Rec
Students, benefits eligible employees, and Rec Center Members are all encouraged to participate.
Questions? Want more info? Contact Katie Evans at email@example.com or 248-370-4594 or click here and click on the tab that says “Specialized Group Training.”