- 2 (15.5 oz) tetra packs or cans of no-salt-added chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place beans and garlic in a food processor or Vitamix and pulse a few times to chop the beans.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.