- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 7 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2; tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Creole seasoning
How to Make It
1.) Cook onion with 1 tbsp olive oil in saute pan until lightly caramelized. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds more.
2.) In a bowl, mash beans with back of a fork until smooth. Stir in cooled onion mixture, cilantro, egg, salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, and hot sauce. Mix well.
3.) Shape into patties and dust with flour and seasoning.
4.) Heat remaining oil in a nonstick skillet. Cook patties until golden on both sides.
5.) Optionally, top with tomatoes, sour cream, or guacamole.
Protein: 16 g
Carbs: 46 g
Fat: 16 g
Fiber: 11 g
— If the bean mixture is too soft to form into patties, let it cool for 10 minutes.